Thursday, October 29, 2009

So, if I hadn't had a really great day with the girls I would be so ticked right now. Tomas' pulmonoligist order a 24 hr recordable pulse ox LAST THURSDAY to try and figure out what's causing his really deep desats. I called on his home health company Tuesday asking where it was, they said it would come on Wed. I told them that I had to leave the house at 2 that day and wouldn't be back until after 6. I get a cell phone call at 5:30 with the delivery guy outside my door. I told him I wasn't going to be there for another hour. They have to deliver it today instead. Ok, fine. The poor driver shows up and asks where the person is that it is for.  I say it's for the baby. He says - It's never going to fit. They sent a fingertip oximeter!!!! For a nine month old!To keep on for 24 hours! So now they are going to deliver the correct one tomorrow. Arrgh. The whole thing is we are trying to get this all done before the surgery next week. I don't know what is wrong with him, but his breathing is SLIGHTLY more labored than normal and he will only stay awake for 1-2 hours at a time. If it keeps up I'll have to take him in, but he acts completely normal (playful and happy) when he is awake, so I hate to have him poked and proded for nothing. Decisions, decisions...

2 comments:

  1. If people would only look at the patient's date of birth on the orders like they look at the insurance things would go a lot smoother.
    Hope tomorrow is better. I know you'll have to decide what to do since it's Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbelievable, that it got messed up so many times.Threes the charm, let's hope.
    Caught your video, oh my goodness they are so sweet. Giggles are the best sound. Hang in there.
    BTW, thanks for your comment about Andrew.

    ReplyDelete