Friday, December 18, 2009

Tomas has a gallstone!!! His GI called this morning with the renal scan results. Kidney's are fine, but a stone is in the gall bladder. Since Tomas has had so many painful feeds he recommends talking to the surgeon and scheduling the surgery soon. What little research I've done shows that the regular procedure is gall bladder removal. I have no idea if that is the case with babies as most articles on-line are about adults. The appt. with the surgeon is on Tues. afternoon. One person I told this too said it is just another kick in the you know what, but this is Advent. This season is for learning about patience, about having to wait for the fulfillment of the promise. This is when we rejoice, for greater things are yet to come. So I will take a deep breath, re-adjust the yoke the Lord has placed on me and trod onward, with my beautiful, beautiful baby boy lighting the way.

2 comments:

  1. I know it seems like you take a step forward and ten back, but you'll get there. Slow and steady as my dear friend always says!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully it's as simple a surgery for a baby as an adult. I had mine out a couple of years ago and it was a breeze. I was home making myself a sandwhich the same afternoon as the surgery. Though no surgery is good for our little ones. Prayers.

    ReplyDelete