Monday, April 19, 2010

The trenches and musings on the sense of smell

It is now day 12 post op and I had to take Victoria to the ER yesterday. She was dehydrated and had ....umm...more intestinal issues. It wasn't pretty. It wasn't even close to pretty. She was hydrated and given an enema (took 5 people - and that was after they gave her Verset), and then spent the better part of 2 hours in the bathroom demanding that I rock her while she sat.
Today she is doing slightly better, her pedi's nurse called me 4 times today to check on her and in the end the Dr. put her on antibiotics because he thinks she may have a sinus infection. Last night at ER they were more worried about the tummy stuff than her uncontrolled pain. It was rather annoying by the end of the night. Tonight, after the morning dose of antibiotics, she is doing much better and actually ate something for the first time in 9 days. I want my intense little sprite back.
She and I got home around 12:30 last night and I slept with her in the downstairs guest bedroom while Mike stayed with Tomas in our room. Around 7am I hear grumbling coming from my bedroom and sludge my way over there to find a naked baby, clothes and blankets piled on the floor, and every wipe in the container used in a tumbling pile by the naked baby. He had a pooplosion and my lovely husband was trying his mightiest to clean it up. Sooo, that wasn't working and naked baby got a bath at 7:05 am. The 3 of us then scuffle to the kitchen to get our game faces on with my best friend - the coffee pot.
Our dogs sleep in the laundry room just off the kitchen and the second thing we do in the morning is let them outside, but they too had, umm...tummy trouble. My VERY lovely husband cleaned that up too.
I must add that God blessed me with a stuffy nose through all of this. That's right, I'm sick and very, very glad that last night and this morning I couldn't smell a thing! How's that for His ways are not our ways!

6 comments:

  1. coffee is my bestest friend in the whole world too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shouldn't be chuckling. But we too have dogs, and pooplosions, and well, I feel for ya. Seriously praying things look up for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl you need a break! You're just beyond the help of a coffee pot!

    Prayers and hugs!!!!! Many of both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, you do need some sleep. I am so sorry for all the crap (no put intended) you are dealing with. Hope things get better soon and you are able to get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ... what a night1Hoping tonight was much,much better and praying everyone is on the mend soon and ... on most days,I so wish I was a coffee drinker.I'm a hot chocolate fanatic but it doesn't have nearly enough caffeine kick!

    ReplyDelete