Sunday, July 12, 2009

2/9/09

Tomas didn't get to come home on Saturday. His thyroid panel test came back abnormal and he needed to be seen by another "ologist" (endocrinologist). He also had a liver scan this morning to try to find the reason for his "not your typical baby jaundice" (of course it's not the regular type of jaundice!!). I spent the night last night and was able to stay with him for the entire scan, which lasted 2 1/2 hours. The on call doctor then ordered a follow up abdominal ultrasound to take a closer look at whatever the scan results showed. I don't know what they've found yet, his regular neonatologist is supposed to call me this evening. At this point I don't think he'll be home for at least 2-3 more days, or maybe more. He looks good and is eating great when he is not NPO from all these tests. Some good news is his platelet count has come up quite a bit so we are praying that trend continues. Again, I want to thank you all for praying for us. It always happens that every time I feel overwhelmed (but NEVER hopeless) God places another person in my path who mentions that he/she is praying for Tomas. It is like He is weaving this safety net beneath me and every time I start to fall through a hole one of you steps up to catch me. You really can't know how comforting your messages are.

No comments:

Post a Comment